Post by Admin on Aug 31, 2018 7:10:43 GMT
1. Our mission is to work for the total collapse of the worldwide technological system. Our group is not merely a debating-society. Our purpose is not merely to discuss anti-tech ideas but to organize people for effective anti-tech political action.
2. Reformists keep away! If you think the total collapse of the technological system is impossible or unnecessary, then our group is not for you. You don't need to be convinced in advance that our goal is both possible and necessary, but you do need to have an open mind on the subject, in which case we will try to convince you that we are right.
If you are mainly interested in promoting "green" energy or in reforming the system in some other way, then go join an environmentalist organization or other reformist group. We don't want you.
3. Leftists keep away! We are not interested in women's rights, men's rights, black people's rights, white people's rights, or human rights of any kind. The issue that the human race is now confronted with is the survival of life on this planet, or at the very least the survival of the human race in the face of competition from intelligent machines. In comparison with these issues, all questions of "rights" or of "social justice" are trivial. If you're concerned about "rights" or "justice", then go join some left-wing "identity" movement. We don't want you.
We advocate rights only where they have a direct, unmistakable, and important effect on the struggle against the technological system. For example, freedom of speech and of the press are important rights because they allow anti-tech political activities to be carried-on openly.
4. Right-wingers keep away! We are not interested in the free-enterprise system, jobs, prosperity, economic growth, or law and order. When the system collapses - as it will - there won't be any free-enterprise system, jobs, prosperity, economic growth, or law and order. There will only be the survival of the fittest at the most elemental level. If you want prosperity, law and order, or the like, then go join the Republican Party. We don't want you.
5. As contributions to our website we welcome articles, book reviews, comments, anecdotes, factual information, or references to published works relevant to the problem of modern technology in general, or, for example, to any of the following issues:
- The harm done by social media.
- More generally, the psychological and social damage caused by life in modern society as contrasted with life in pre-industrial societies.
- The environmental damage caused by the technological system. We are not interested in rehashing environmental issues that are already well known; we look for accounts of problems that are not yet widely recognized.
- The irrationality or inconsistency of the arguments or the political positions of the left or of the right, especially if your contribution includes demonstration that the political positions both of the left and of the right serve to promote the interests of the technological system, which is the same as to say the interests of big business.
- Political correctness, which affects not only the left but also (more subtly) the right.
- The dynamics of social movements, especially techniques for organizing social movements and promoting their growth.
- Histories of successful or failed revolutions, focusing on lessons that may be useful for the anti-tech revolution.
6. We do not advocate illegal action of any kind, and our website will not accept any contributions that advocate illegal action. We adopt this policy not as a matter of principle but as a matter of strategy only. We believe that what is absolutely necessary at this stage of history is the development of an organized and effective political movement in opposition to the technological system. If we appeared to be trying to incite illegal action or help others to incite illegal action by allowing them to post their advocacy of such action on our website, the authorities could shut down our website, or even arrest and prosecute the members of our group, thus destroying our nascent anti-tech movement.